– The idea that I am getting “old” was confirmed this past Saturday night. My husband and I spent our evening grocery shopping and drinking non alcoholic mixers.
Homemade cherry limeade! They were quite delicious, but seriously? We aren’t old enough for this.
– I know I live in Wisco, but this weather is ridiculous. I can accept snow in March, but April? No. Mid-April? Absolutely not. Between 8-12 inches of snow and monsoon conditions more southern Wisconsin, I don’t think mother nature knows WTH is up.
– These Chocolate and Nutella Rockslide Bars from Love & Olive Oil look amaze. Though I know making them would also mean eating them all in one sitting. Practicing some self control. For now. Same goes for these delicious sounding and looking Brown Butter Salted Caramel Snickerdoodle cookies from Two Peas & Their Pod. I mean anything with “brown butter” in it’s name is an automatic win in my book.
– Oh, and what’s that? I’m supposed to be running a half marathon in 2 1/2 weeks? hahahahahhaa. Not happening. My top mileage since the end of December, when I was living in mild Tennessee, is 3.2 miles. As in, the Shamrock Shuffle 5K I did in March.
– Yesterday, we received a gate like this to keep the dogs out of our loft unattended. Remember Rudy’s pillow incident? Well, apparently, he had been sneaking off more than we realized, because he spent most of the evening sitting on the stairs, staring up at the loft, pouting, since he couldn’t get up to the bedroom anymore. I don’t want to think about the things that have been ingested, but not yet realized are missing.
– And finally, it was decided last night that if I keep up with this boggling schtuff, I WILL get a legitimate camera, Craig just doesn’t know it yet. This iPhone business is cramping my style.