As you sit there, enjoying (!!!) my blog post, I am sitting in a chair, letting a dental student fill a cavity. I’m probably anxiety ridden and clammy as all get out. It’s a wee bit different when a dental student is taking x-rays and doing a cleaning…but today I’m getting poked and drilled. My student’s name is Al. It’s Al’s first semester in the clinic, he just started his 3rd year of dental school. No doubt I am one of his first patients. For a girl whose list of anxieties holds dentists in the top 3, I’m not sure why I thought this was a good idea…
– What a week it has been. I feel like I say that every week. I probably do. Monday LSAT. Tuesday sick day. Doctor’s appointments Thursday. I hope my office doesn’t forget I actually work there…
– Speaking of being sick. The receptionist where Craig works got him and half the office sick. He was kind enough to bring it home to me. I’m suffering different symptoms than he did. Craig, I take back everything I said about you being a baby. And I’m sorry for waking you up at 3 am for fear of my life because it felt like my throat was closing up. Who is the drama queen now? *looking around and meekly raising my own hand. sigh.
– DayQuil. I love you, but I hate you. I hate to love you. If an adult has a problem swallowing that syrup, how in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks do they expect a child to do it willingly? I get the shivers just thinking about it. And before anyone says a WORD, I typically opt for the gel caps, however with a sore throat, the syrup works a bazillion times better. …once I obtain the courage to swallow it. Also, does anyone else notice that when something tastes awful, it’s really hard to swallow? Like I had to hold it in my mouth for far too long before I could swallow it down. Ick.
– Unrelated to sickness: I finally replaced my nasty brown flats. Rudy had eaten on them at least two times (that we know about), the soles were coming off, they looked disgusting. I tried ordering a super cute pair off of RueLaLa, but by the time I completed the transaction, they were sold out! What the heck!? No worries, I found two pairs for the price of the pair on RueLaLa at Target. Target for the save! *Rudy is already far too interested in the new shoes. I better watch out!
– How neat is this? Crazy runners!
– Crystal Light liquid? AH-mazing. Mio? Didn’t dig it. Crystal Light is super scrumptious. Especially the Strawberry Lemonade flavor.
– These brownies are highly unusual, but the piqued my interest. They will be made by the end of the summer. Truth.
– Also from Jessica, this White Bean Hummus. Um. Yes, please.
– And for my half-birthday, I’d like this cake. Someone has until September to make it. Please?